Hunger 101 is a curriculum that will educate students from all backgrounds on local hunger issues and empower them to take part in fighting hunger in Oklahoma.
The curriculum includes:
- Pass Skill/Core Standard aligned activities
- Supplemental worksheets that reinforce principles from the activities
- A variety of teacher resources
The curriculum is an excellent companion to a food/fund drive or service learning, or can be used as a stand-alone exercise.
If you have any questions or comments about this curriculum, or would like to schedule a guest speaker or field trip with the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, please contact Denice Hurlbut at 405-600-3160 or email@example.com.
Activities for 3rd - 5th grade
- The Three Pillars of Food Security Activity
- Food Availability Activity
- Food Accessibility Activity
- Food Knowledge Activity
- Finding Solutions Activity
Worksheets for 3rd - 5th grade
- Hunger 101 Worksheet 1
- Hunger 101 Worksheet 2
- Hunger 101 Worksheet 3
- Hunger 101 Worksheet 4
- Hunger 101 Worksheet 5
Activities for 6th - 12th grade
The 6th - 12th grade activities have been adapted from Alameda County Community Food Bank’s hunger education curriculum.