Cause Marketing involves the joint efforts of a for profit business and a non-profit organization, like the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, for mutual benefit. Holding a food and fund drive to benefit the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma does not qualify as a Cause Marketing Campaign.
Cause Marketing campaigns are a great way for businesses to help feed hungry Oklahomans while increasing sales, visibility, and customer loyalty.
According to a 2010 Cone Survey (PDF):
- 78% of Americans believe a partnership between a nonprofit and a company they trust makes a cause stand out
- 59% of American consumers are more likely to buy a product associated with the partnership
- 58% of American consumers are more aware today of corporate/nonprofit partnerships and promotions than in the past
- 75% of American consumers want to hear about the results of corporate/nonprofit partnerships
An example of a current Cause Marketing Campaign is the Made in Oklahoma Coalition's Paper Towels promotion, which has raised more than $100,000 for the Food for Kids Backpack Program. View all of the current promotions.
How to Get Started
Please review our Cause Marketing Guidelines to determine if your campaign is a good fit for your organization and the Regional Food Bank.
Please complete this short questionnaire and a Regional Food Bank representative will get back to you within 2 business days. View a sample agreement here.
Support the Regional Food Bank online by posting about the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma on Facebook and Twitter! View suggested posts.
- Business submits questionnaire
- Regional Food Bank reviews questionnaire
- Regional Food Bank contacts business to confirm details
- Upon approval, the Regional Food Bank generates agreement
- Business returns a signed copy of cause marketing agreement
- Business submits promotional material to Regional Food Bank for copy review and approval
- Regional Food Bank issues written approval to proceed with campaign elements
Please note: a signed Cause Marketing Agreement must be on file and you must have written approval to use the Regional Food Bank's name, logo, tagline and/or program logos ("Marks").
Download general information about the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
The Regional Food Bank, while it appreciates all offers of support and the opportunity to participate in a variety of cause-marketing campaigns, has taken the position that it will refrain from any partnerships related to promoting or encouraging the sale of tobacco or tobacco related products and/or alcohol or alcohol related products.
If said company wants to donate proceeds or a portion of proceeds to the Regional Food Bank, we ask that our logo, name or other ‘marks’ not be used. The company may simply refer to proceeds being donated to a ‘local food bank.’
If you have any questions, contact Angie Gaines at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-604-7109.
For more information on Cause Marketing visit the Cause Marketing Forum.