Students Against Hunger Teacher Toolkit
Click on the links below to download tools for a successful food and fund drive!
Food Drive Information
- Food Drive Guide to help you plan the perfect food drive.
- Virtual Food Drive – visit feedinghope.org to make online donations.
Food Bank and Hunger Information
- Information Packet - Download this helpful information about Hunger in Oklahoma, the Regional Food Bank, and how people can help!
- Hunger 101 Curriculum - educate students from all backgrounds on local hunger issues and empower them to take part in fighting hunger in Oklahoma. The curriculum includes Pass Skill/Core Standard aligned activities; supplemental worksheets that reinforce principles from the activities and a variety of teacher resources.
- Watch videos about hunger that you can share with your classroom and email to parents.
- A photo is worth a thousand words! Use any of our photos at flickr.com/regionalfoodbank to help promote your food drive.
- Participate in the Food Bank’s Photo Contest in October (link coming soon).
- Word Search – all grades
- Bingo Participation Card – all grades
- Specific activities for students K-2nd grade, 3rd to 5th grade, and 6th-12th grade
Communication and Promotion
- Food Drive Poster – Promote the food drive dates and most-needed items
- Food Drive Goal Poster - Hang this poster in your school/classroom to track your progress and keep everybody excited
- Sample email/letter to send parents (see page 7) Click here for a Spanish version.
- Slogans (see page 12)
- Hunger statistics
- Sample morning announcement (coming soon!)
- Sample Stickers - Use to promote events and thank participants
- Sample Social Media Posts – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Vine (Page 9)
- PowerPoint Presentation about Hunger to use in the classroom