Students Against Hunger Teacher Toolkit
Click on the links below to download tools for a successful food and fund drive!
Food Drive Information
- Food Drive Guide to help you plan the perfect food drive.
- Virtual Food Drive – visit regionalfoodbank.org to make online donations.
Food Bank and Hunger Information
- Information Packet - Download this helpful information about Hunger in Oklahoma, the Regional Food Bank, and how people can help!
- Hunger 101 Curriculum - educate students from all backgrounds on local hunger issues and empower them to take part in fighting hunger in Oklahoma. The curriculum includes Pass Skill/Core Standard aligned activities; supplemental worksheets that reinforce principles from the activities and a variety of teacher resources.
- You can find our complete volunteer schedule at www.regionalfoodbank.org/volunteer and either register as an individual volunteer or complete a Volunteer Group Request if you’re planning to bring a group of volunteers. If you have any questions, you can reach a volunteer scheduler at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405)600-3161.
- Hope Corps is a program for 16-18 year old high school students seeking leadership experience, non-profit volunteer experience, and a reference for future jobs/ schools. It is a 10-week internship that will engage you in activities that will develop community awareness, leadership skills, and contacts in the non-profit community.
- Watch videos about hunger that you can share with your classroom and email to parents.
- A photo is worth a thousand words! Use any of our photos at flickr.com/regionalfoodbank to help promote your food drive.
- Word Search – all grades
- Bingo Participation Card – all grades
- Specific activities for students K-2nd grade, 3rd to 5th grade, and 6th-12th grade
Communication and Promotion
- Food Drive Poster – Promote the food drive dates and most-needed items
- Food Drive Goal Poster - Hang this poster in your school/classroom to track your progress and keep everybody excited
- Sample email/letter to send parents
- Slogans (see page 12)
- Hunger statistics
- Sample morning announcement (coming soon!)
- Sample Stickers - Use to promote events and thank participants
- Sample Social Media Posts – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Vine (Page 9)
- PowerPoint Presentation about Hunger to use in the classroom